Beer is one of the most popular beverage. Thousands or even millions of people around the world ever drank, and even some people believe that what they are doing right. Many people believe that beer has a lot of minerals and vitamins that are beneficial to the body and can promote a healthier life.
So, what is the beer can be used as medicine to improve health? Let’s find out the myths and facts about beer below so there is no longer a mistaken view of the beverage that can actually damage the body is:
1. Myth: Beer is a useful natural drink. Some people believe that beer is a drink which is very useful and should be part of their daily diet. Some people think that beer contains small amounts of alcohol concentration and if taken in reasonable doses, it may be beneficial to health.
Fact: In real, the beer should be considered more dangerous than wine (wine) or vodka, because it contains many harmful composites are processed from the fermentation. The composite is toxic (usually fermented waste) include aldehydes, Fusel oil, methanol, ether and so on. In addition, the alcohol content in beer is not always low and there is sometimes reached 14 percent.
2. Myth: Beer does not have such an effect that alcohol can make people addicted.
Fact: beer addict would have a severe psychological disorder and is often accompanied by anosognosia, or get people out of control and difficult to get rid of bad habits. It did not take long for someone to fall in a psychological dependence due to the consumption of beer. So you should be careful to try this drink.
3. Myth: Beer is useful to help people switch from heavy alcoholic drinks like vodka, wine and whiskey.
Fact: Many people have been fooled and assume that the consumption of beer is better than vodka or whiskey. In fact, beer and vodka are equally harmful.
4. Myth: Beer is useful for our brains. Beer contains silica, which can prevent brain atrophy, speech difficulties and other problems.
Fact: Actually, alcohol destroys brain cells and this process takes place very rapidly in adolescents and youth. Regular beer consumption affects human intelligence and learning ability.
5. Myth: Beer good for the heart and blood vessels
Fact: Beer cause dangerous changes in the physical form and working of human heart and the entire cardiovascular system. Beer contains large amounts of carbon dioxide rapidly into the blood and cause blood vessel problems, such as varicose veins.
6. Myth: Beer has a sense of fun and useful for our digestion.
Fact: Studies show that drinking too much beer increases a person’s risk of colon cancer. In addition, beer contains elements such as cobalt, which is known for its trigger inflammation in the esophagus and stomach.
7. Myth: Beer is useful because it has lots of vitamins. Some beer aficionados believe that by drinking a liter of beer a day can meet the daily allowance of all the required elements and vitamins.
Fact: Actually, the beer is almost no vitamins at all. During the manufacturing process, all the vitamins that initially there will be lost. As a result, a liter of beer contains only 0.005 to 0.15 mg of thiamine and riboflavin from 0.3 to 1.3 mg.
8. Myth: Beer can improve sexual function
Fact: Alcohol is always bad for sexual function in both men and women. Alcohol inhibits the production of androgen in the body, which can substantially lower the sex drive. In addition, beer also contains some toxic substances, including heavy metal composites, which can cause dangerous changes in the endocrine system.
9. Myth: Beer is useful for our nervous system because it has a calming effect and helps to relieve stress
Fact: Beer affects the nervous system because it contains certain psychoactive ingredient, which makes the beer acts as a dangerous intoxicating beverages. In addition, the beer has properties such as sedation, which affect the working memory and sensorimotor.
10.Myth: Beer is good for the kidneys due to the nature diuretik
Fact: Beer to wash out the proteins, fats, carbohydrates and essential elements of good for our body, especially potassium, magnesium and vitamin C. Potassium deficiency can cause the body to experience changes in heart rhythm, dry skin, pain in the legs. While the shortage of magnesium trigger sleep disturbances, irritability and nervousness. Lack of vitamin C in the body also cause immune problems, decreased oncentration and mental imbalance.
- WTF?!: Coors Light To Sell Iced Tea Flavored Beer
- Change4life – Alcohol: The sobering facts
- How to Choose the Perfect Beer for Your River Adventure
- Beer expert debunks myths
- What you need to know about drinking beer
- Craft beer nears $1 billion in U.S. supermarket sales
- Beer: Three Ways It Does a Beauty Good
- 6 Beer Terms Every Beer Expert Should Know
- The 5 Most Expensive Beers
- Booze It Up With a Beer Facial
- Arkansas a decent place to be a beer snob